"It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life's journey will develop."

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Our Valentines Day"


I must say this was the first valentines day that we didn't really do something together. Normally Chris and I don't do tons anyways, but we would go to dinner, or exchange nice cards. Don't get me wrong I like valentines day, but I feel like you should be treating your spouse sweet all year. It is nice to though to be reminded how much you love eachother :) So I got a little creative at the hospital, Since I'm condemned to my room I could only do so much. I took Items from my room that had to do with the hospital. I pasted them all over a poster board, and then made up a cute little poem myself :)
Chris on the other hand of course gave me a beautiful gift. He gave me a sterling silver bracelet with Devin and Addison's name engraved on top, and a a dangling charm that says love. He had been working on it for a long while, and really put a lot of thought into it. He had ended up giving it to me friday night, mainly because we thought we were delivering Addi. Chris told me he really wanted me to have it when I delivered. It was such a thoughtful gift from my sweet hubby. Thank you babe for taking so much time, and giving a really meaningful gift :) Chris ended up staying with me the night at the hospital. Chris brought me a chocolate bananna shake from iceberg, and we watched the movie "Couples Retreat". Even though our lives are chaos right now, it was really refreshing to enjoy a simple evening with my husband. It took all my stress away, even if it was just for one night. I really just love my little family, and can't wait to add Addison to the mix. She just doesn't know what she is in for. Thanks again sweetie for our valentines date at the hospital, you are the greatest :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

I love this!! What a sweet husband.
I cant imagine going through all of this. Just know that your family is in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Hang in there...you are doing GREAT!

satoko said...

Carrie, I'm glad that you had a good Valentines Day.
What a sweet husband Chris is!
Hope you're doing well. You're always in my prayer.