"It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life's journey will develop."

Monday, March 29, 2010

"My Mommy Meltdown"

So I just have to start by saying this mommy of 2 things is ALOT of work!! now with that being said, I can also say that I wouldn't trade either of my precious babies. I have learned this time around that I guess mommy needs a break too. It has been 7 days now with Addison home, and I think I have had a total of 12-13 hours sleep :) I know I know this looks so appealing to want another baby for all of you out there with just the one. The truth is though that it really is awesome.Although I had a meltdown last night while chris's family was over for dinner. His cute mom started telling me I need to get out more, and have cari time. She was being so nice to me, so nice that I started to cry, how embarassing right?! I guess no sleep and being trapped to my house must have got to me! To give you an idea of my new mommy schedule, I have written it below......... This is my typical day during the week, it's a rough idea anyways!

8:00am- Dev wakes up needs to eat....
8:30am- Addison is awake and ready to eat, still not done feeding devin....
9:00am- Devin has his milk in bed with mommy while Addison gets fed...
9:30am- Lay Addison back down for a couple hours, feed devin the rest of breakfast downstairs..
10:00am- Clean up house while Devin plays with toys in family room...
11:00am- Devin goes down for a nap, but not without a crying fight...
11:30am- Addison wakes up for a bum change and feed....
12:30pm- Love cuddle and stare at little Addi before laying her down AGAIN!!
12:45pm- Like clock work Devin is up from his nap...
1:30pm- Get Devin's lunch ready for him
2-3:30pm- Devin has playtime, with a few tantrums in between :)
3:30pm- Devin goes down for another short nap, finally I think to myself a little quiet with both babies asleep..... Guess again
3:45pm- Addison like clock work is up for another bum change, feed, and cuddle....
4:30pm- lay Addi back down until next time..... Again maybe a breather for a minute with both babies down....
4:45pm- So much for quiet time, Dev is awake from his nap....
5:00pm- Daddy is almost home.....

So there you have it that is my day!! I left out some blowouts, and bad tantrums, or maybe some crying for no reason. It didn't want to scare everyone from having a 2nd baby :) Truth is that I think all I have learned is that I need some me time. As hard as that is for me, it is something that I need to do so I can stay sane while keeping this schedule :) I would really enjoy any stories from my mommy friends on their schedules or mommy melt downs, and I know you have had them............ I appreciate you all letting me vent, can't wait to hear some of your melt down moments.

2 comments:

Mckel said...

Cari,
Now we all know you are normal...well or insane like the rest of us! You don't want to hear all my meltdown stories, it would take too long. Just know that we all have them...and quite often!! I am in town for the week and would love to come meet baby addy. I will call and see when it is a good time!
Kel

Dash Of Sass said...

cari- i am in that same boat! a 2yr old with a newborn!!! so fun!! i am hoping to get some me time soon as well. nick and i went on our first date with just us since Indie was born and it was so nice. We have to get out more often! let me know when you want to hang! i am so down! xoxox WHIT