"It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life's journey will develop."

Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Prenatal CLasses"







Well it is time in the next 3 weeks Chris and I start our prenatal classes at the hospital! I feel like a movie, you know how they have to go to lamaz together and birthing classes haha! I feel like the movie 9 months if any of you remember that :) Anyhow it will be every Thursday for 6 Thursdays starting Feb. 26th-Apr.2nd! Wooo basically once classes are done I have only 30 days until little man is here aaahhh. I feel so unprepared at this point, I am just diving into the baby room. In reality what others don't see Chris and I have done tons. We had to transition our upstairs office to the basement office, now the organizing and moving was alot of work! Chris did most of it(let's just say I'm not much of the organizer :). So that is where we are at now and these classes will cover 6 different sections:


1. Labor
2. Delivery
3. Lamaz and breathing
4. breast feeding
5. newborn care
6. postpartum

So many things that you really have to do to be prepared for this delivery thing... It is overwhelming when I think about it so I try not to (not to hard anyways). We will be doing these classes at St.Mark's hospital, which is where I was delivered. I thought that was kind of neat, and I'm just so excited to get him here already! I'm not a very patient person jsut ask chris :). Well we will give you a weekly update once classes start on Feb 26th so look for them starting that date. Yay!! One step closer to get our baby boy here!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I never did the classes, but I think it's a good idea! You really can't be too prepared for childbirth, motherhood or postpartum!!

Heather said...

PS....I'm excited for Chilies!!!